The lawyers in the Real Estate Group possess a broad and diverse knowledge of all aspects of real estate ownership and development and are able to provide clients with sophisticated solutions to real estate issues while providing advice, planning and implementation in an economical fashion. As with other lawyers in the firm, the lawyers in the Real Estate Group strive to develop a long-term relationship with every client.
The lawyers in the Real Estate Group have extensive expertise in the following areas:
- Acquisition, Financing and Sale of Real Estate. Lawyers in Fuchs & Roselli's Real Estate Group have represented clients in transactions involving office, industrial, commercial, retail and multi-unit residential property. Those transactions have included traditional financing, commercial mortgage backed security (CMBS) and mezzanine financing, as well as different levels of equity participation to acquire a property in the most cost-effective manner. We also perform due diligence reviews of title, survey, environmental, zoning and other aspects of a property to advise clients on all aspects of an acquisition.
- Leasing. We work with landlords and tenants to draft and negotiate leases for all types of real estate. We understand that a lease represents a long-term relationship between a landlord and tenant and strive to create a lease that will provide certainty and predictability to that relationship, while at the same time adding value to the property.
- Financing. The Real Estate Group represents institutional lenders in financing the acquisition of real estate as well as asset based lending secured by the equipment, inventory and other assets of a company to provide funds for working capital, expansion and other corporate goals. In every case, we work with lenders to draft loan documents and perform a due diligence investigation of assets being taken as collateral to insure that our clients are receiving appropriate collateral for a loan.
- Condominium Development. Lawyers in the Real Estate Group have worked with developers to construct multi-unit residential properties and submit those properties to the condominium form of ownership. Special attention is paid to the details of a project to create a condominium declaration and related documents that will not only enhance the ability to market the project but also provide for harmonious relationships amongst unit owners in the future.
- Tax-Deferred Exchanges. Our lawyers have extensive knowledge of Section 1031 of the Internal Revenue Code and can assist clients in structuring an acquisition or sale of property to comply with the complex rules of Section 1031. We have structured forward, reverse and reverse build-to-suit Section 1031 deferred exchanges tailored to a client's particular needs to achieve tax-deferred treatment.
- Entity Selection. In nearly every commercial real estate transaction it is necessary to create an entity to acquire a property and the selection and structure of that entity will impact the control of the management of the property as well as tax and financing issues. We work closely with clients to identify their goals and offer creative solutions through the use of partnerships, limited liability companies, joint ventures and other legal vehicles to create an entity that addresses management, financing and tax goals.
Our goal in performing all of the above is to add value to a transaction, provide clients with innovative solutions to meet their goals and develop long-term relationships with every client.